Share My Stories!

Friday, April 3, 2015

New Beginnings

Well, well, well. Here we are again! I know it has been a long time and I will try to catch you up. I am just about done with the ultrasound program and next month I will be walking to receive my diploma. I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am. I finished. Not only did I finish, I finished after life kept throwing me curveballs. This program has really shown me how strong I am (which is stronger than I ever thought). I have grown and changed and am so thankful that I took the leap of faith and just did it. And of course since I am almost done I find myself able to devote time to other things such as homeschooling, blogging, and in general having a life.
We will be entering our 4th year of homeschooling this fall and the kids are doing well. I just started a Homeschool DIY group (check them out at www.diy.org), am working on starting a homeschool girl scout troop, and a teen co-op for core subjects. All this along with our field trips, plays, monthly skyzone trips, other co-ops, makes for a busy family. Homeschooling was another leap of faith that I am so glad we took. It has worked out so well for our family.
On another front I am on Day 26 of the Whole 30. If you are scratching your head check out the website: http://whole30.com/. It is full of great information. I will say the first couple of weeks were really tough as my body detoxed. I had headaches, severe sugar cravings, and irritability. After that I have to say I feel great! Actually I feel healthier than ever before. The plan is to finish, then stick with the paleo plan. I like the idea of whole foods, tons of fruits and veggies, and lean meats.
I feel like that is enough for now. I don't want to write a novel my first time back. I'll save that for next time.
Dream Big, Live Big, Love Big and Let Your Light Shine!

Total Pageviews