Share My Stories!

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Paleo

I started this new lifestyle after my last doctor's visit. Apparently he was a little concerned with my weight (Yes I admit I need to lose 40 pounds. Gulp) The problem was I had tried counting calories, cutting sweets, using online help,exercising more,  meal plans, etc... I never stuck with any of them. One, I do not like to cook. Two, I do not like to cook. Oh, I guess I already stated that :) I knew I wanted to get rid of dairy and sugar, but did not know how to start. I finally stumbled across the Paleo diet and started researching more (which I should state is NOT a diet, but a lifestyle decision) This lifestyle is definitely not for everyone, but it has really changed my thinking about food. I find it is easier to cook because I am limited in my ingredients. Plus the food is more flavorful because of the spices used. I recently made Paleo brownies from honey, almond butter, egg, cocoa, baking soda, and it was wonderful. I won't say it was better than real brownies, but because I have not had sugar it was sweet enough for me. I feel better than I have in a long time, and I am losing weight slowly. There have been some adjustments such as the Paleo pancakes I made that were HORRID! Pancakes that bad should be outlawed. I shudder just thinking about those suckers. Yech. Yet those moments have been fleeting and few (thank goodness!) and my kids have even given their stamp of approval on many of the Paleo dinners. So, wish me luck and for those  that wish to try the brownies here is the link:
http://www.bakergal.com/2011/08/bakergal-chewy-paleo-brownie-recipe.html.

Total Pageviews