Share My Stories!

Friday, March 2, 2012

Chocolate Sauce


This recipe is great for making chocolate milk or poured over ice cream. My kids cannot get enough of it and think it is better than other name brands I will not mention. Easy to make and the best part is there is no corn syrup or high fructose corn syrup!
Make sure you have a big pot to make this. The first time I made it I added the cocoa and it almost boiled over!

1.5 cups water
3 cups sugar
1.5 cups cocoa (try to use dutch processed if you can)
1 T. vanilla extract (pure not imitation)
1/4 tsp salt
2 T honey

1) Add water and sugar to the pot and bring to a boil over medium heat
2) Whisk in cocoa, vanilla, salt and honey and stir until dissolved
3) Cook until reduced and thickens up a bit.
4) Let cool then store in refrigerator and enjoy!





Total Pageviews