Share My Stories!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Last Day of School!



I cannot believe how fast this year flew by! Today is the last day of school and I am not sure who is more excited, me or my son. I can finally breathe a sigh of relief. I do not have to remind him 30x in the morning, and evening to get things done. No more fighting with him to get his homework done. No more notes home from the teacher saying what a sweet kid he is BUT he is not turning in his work, or he is talking too much, or whatever. Stress is lifted off my son. He is so different during the summer months. My husband and I plan on teaching the kids over the summer. Jared has plans to build a go cart (he made the plans up) and my husband is going to help him build it. I have plans to for zoos, parks, creek walks, art projects, swimming, camping, star gazing and so much more. This is a time to reignite my sons love of learning and keep fostering it in my daughter (who happens to be very sad school is over because she loves it so much) Firefly catching, popsicle making, beach bumming days are here and I am overjoyed. This is a time to relax and have fun and learn things that the kids are interested in. I plan on tie dye and scrap booking, treasure hunts and flower picking. Summer is a magical time and I for one plan on making the most of it. What are your summertime plans?

Total Pageviews