Share My Stories!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe

Happy Father's Day!! I know many people like to buy ice cream cakes from the store or DQ but I thought I would share a recipe for a homemade version that is so easy to make and is delicious!!

Ingredients

24 Ice Cream Sandwiches
Jar of hot fudge or caramel ice cream topping
      nuts (optional)
      candy bars crushed (whatever flavor you like)
      carton of cool whip, thawed

Place 12 of the ice cream sandwiches in a 9x13 pan. You will have to cut a couple in half to get them to fit.

Spread 1/2 of the hot fudge or caramel over the ice cream sandwiches
Sprinkle half of the nuts and crushed candy bars on the toppings
Spread half of the whipped cream over the candy bars and nuts
Repeat layers
Cover and freeze for an hour

This is amazing and trust me when I say people are going to rave about this! The great thing is you can change the flavors. Try caramel topping with Butterfingers or fudge with Snicker. The combinations are endless. I hope you enjoy and have a Happy Father's Day!

Total Pageviews