Share My Stories!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Making Dreams Happen

 It is almost June and I am officially done with another semester of school. I have finished my first year and I cannot believe how much I have learned. This past semester has been overwhelming at times and very difficult. The anatomy class I took was one specifically for imaging students and there was a lot to cover in only 14 weeks. Lots of time spent studying and homework and not a lot of time spent on the house or writing. Which I have missed immensely. Writing has always been a part of me and who I am. I think it is hard for other people to understand that. It is hard to understand the almost spiritual feeling of connecting with something bigger. Of watching the words flow across the page. Feeling exuberant when ideas and words keep filling your mind and you have to get them out. Feeling your heart overflowing with joy when your ideas and words come together to create something. The almost trance like state that you enter when you get into the zone. To create something that has a piece of your soul in it for all the world to see and judge.
Blank Slate
As a mother I have always put my family first ahead of my needs. This summer I am taking a stand. I am taking time for my writing goals. I am taking time to make my dreams happen. I will not feel guilty for spending time on my writing. I will share my love with my family and help them realize their dreams as I realize mine. I have researched enough. It is time to take the plunge and see what I can make happen. I have plenty of opportunities and ideas. I am not too old. I am just seasoned enough. I will not let people judge me or stop me. I will not let excuses stand in the way of my dreams, and yes, I dream big. I will continue to write my articles, blog and movie treatments. I will continue because how can I teach my kids to follow their dreams when I have not followed mine? How can I teach them they can achieve anything when I have been afraid to shout out that I am a writer? How can I teach them to work hard at their dreams when I have not given 100% to my dreams? No more. This is what I love to do and who I am. I am a writer.

Total Pageviews