Share My Stories!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Balancing Life

I cannot believe it has been almost 3 months since my last post. It is amazing how fast time goes:) I have been busy with school. Last semester I received a 4.0 GPA and this semester is proving even harder. I am in an anatomy class that is specialized for the healthcare field. I am also taking the second half of my intro to algebra. Both are extremely tough and I am finding that I REALLY have to study to get good grades. Add the kids, husband, house, writing and now job hunting into the mix and you can see why it has been awhile since my last post!
 One thing I am super excited about is that I have almost completed my query letter to send to an agent for my movie treatment I have written!! I am so excited by the fact that I even WROTE a movie treatment and I am actually taking steps to submit it. Beyond amazing for me:) What was that line from the Kevin Costner movie? If you build it they will come?? So true.
 I have also been trying to read more about my daughter. I believe she was misdiagnosed with the nominal dysphasia and I believe she is dyslexic. Of course testing for that is not covered by insurance and companies charge $1500.00 plus to test so for right now we will just teach her like she is dyslexic because that is how she learns. I got some great books and resources to help her with her math so we will see how that goes.
 The other day I was actually talking to the kids about how their brains work. Katie was a little upset because she was having a hard time at school and my son was having a hard day too. I told them that even though they have trouble the upside is they are brilliant because of how their brain works. Katie wrote 3 books last week (all pertaining to dogs) but she illustrated it and sounded out the words and it is pretty good! Jared thought of a go-kart that is powered by fire extinguishers. Randy and Jared plan on making a modified version this summer. And this is the upside to the way their brains are wired. So we will deal with difficulties and ADD and not liking school. Because they are brilliant kids with brilliant ideas and one day they are going to be brilliant adults. They have taught me so much in the time they have been here. And they continue to teach me something new every day. This is the part of being a parent I will always cherish.
 I am also on the hunt for a part time job to help out since hubby needs a new car. I am hoping that my writing takes off this summer but until then I need a plan b. I was amazed at the complexity of the job application process for minimum wage jobs. I guess it is a sign of the times that so many people are applying for these positions they need to weed out people. The psychological questions floored me. I hope I can get something soon. I have faith though. It always seems that we are always taken care of as long as we have faith and as long as we keep working towards our goal and having a plan b.
So, live life and love life. You are in the drivers seat. You are in control of your own life. Make it a great one. I know I am! Next post will be part 1 of Jared's kindergarten year.

Total Pageviews